Monday, March 31, 2008

I'll always be Bridget Jones, says Renee Zellweger


Renee Zellweger has enjoyed a brilliant screen career with a string of hit movies and a Best Supporting Oscar. But it's her portrayal of Britain's most famous singleton that her fans seem to love to talk about.

"Wherever I go, people come up to me and want to talk about Bridget Jones," admits Renee.

"And it's not just women. A lot of men come up to me and say 'Oh Renee - I AM Bridget Jones'."

On screen she was perfect as the unlucky in love Bridget who struggled with her weight, her cigarette habit and most famously, her men. But while Bridget eventually found love, sadly for Renee, real life has not brought her a happy ending...yet.

Her boyfriend, musician Sims Ellison, killed himself after she left him in Texas in 1995 to move to Hollywood. She subsequently dated director Josh Pate, Jim Carrey, White Stripes' frontman Jack White and singer Damien Rice.

No comments:

Blog Archive