Monday, March 24, 2008

Backgrounds not a problem for singer Lucie Silvas and her rugby beau




The stunning fiance of Irish rugby star Geordan Murphy has revealed that she and her future hubby will have to organise a suitable service for their big day to accommodate their religious differences.

Singer Lucie Silvas is a Jewish New Zealander, whilst her Naas beau is a Christian.

Lucie, who lives in Leicestershire with Geordan, even joined Jewish movement ‘Habonim' while she was a teen in her native country of New Zealand and went on to tour Israel with her sister Mia.

But Lucie is adamant that she and her rugby star partner can work around their different backgrounds when it comes to their May wedding, which she says she's “very excited” about. “My mum converted before she married my dad so they understand our situation,” she said.

“I was brought up having an open attitude to all religions and that made me very, very accepting.

There was never any pressure to marry into the Jewish faith. Being Jewish made me feel part of something, of a community of people.”

She continued: “I was quite involved with Wimbledon and District Synagogue when I was younger. Judaism was a big part of my life when I was growing up.”

No comments:

Blog Archive